Skip to content
Below is a breakdown of powerkite fundamentals
- Most kites are of the vented variety
- Sizes 1- 10 m.
- Made of Rip stop with Dynema lines
- Line lengths 15-30 m
- Most common sizes however are 1.5 – 3.5m.
- Kites can be flown with a bar or handles and are generally either
- 2 line kites theseare not depowerable
- 4 lines kite these can be depowered whilst flying
- It will create a pull in the arms and
- Great Entry to sport
- Can be done by children as young as 5 under guidance
- Usually done on open fields, parks and beaches
- Requires clean wind in early stages of learning
- Can use a harness once proficient
- Wind strengths 4- 20 knots
- Can be learnt in one hour
Our network of schools are able to
Find a school
give you a good grounding in powerkiting...