British Youth Sailing Pathway KiteFoil Coach
Coaches are needed for an exciting mission to inspire, develop and retain the best young racing sailors in the world.
This is an exciting role to support the development of the next generation of KiteFoil riders.
The successful candidate needs to be very passionate about Kitefoiling or fast boat sailing and willing to go the extra mile to support the squad’s development.
The essential coaching skills for this RYA role include:
Excellent knowledge and understanding of one or more of the following areas:
a. LEI & Foil Kites
b. Board & Foils
c. Fast boat racing decision making
In addition to one or more of the above, the successful candidate will have:
– Ability to plan, develop, and deliver safe, effective, and appropriate coaching in fast boat dinghy racing/windsurfing racing/Kitefoiling to enable the development of riders
– Experience of coaching or sailing or kiting at international regattas is desirable
An important part of the coaching role is to help develop sailors to achieve our Aims:
1. Fast in all conditions
2. Mentally and physically robust athletes who are resilient in the most testing conditions
3. Excellent non-dependent decision makers
4. Excel under the most extreme pressure
5. Nurture passion, professionalism and a performance mindset
The RYA contract amounts to approximately 40-50 days coaching from 1st March 2024 to 1st September 2025
Commitment to the whole programme is essential. The confirmed dates are: 27-28 April, 30th May-2nd June, 27th June-7th July, 22nd-25th August, 31st August-1st September, 21st-22nd September, and 26th-30th October
Applications should be made to email@example.com in the form of an RYA Application Form, please note CVs will not be accepted.